The current release of the ICOBOL 5 product is Revision 5.34 (July 10, 2018).
For each numbered revision (x.xx), we release all of the product components with the same revision number. In cases where there is an urgent interim fix, we may update specific components, which will use an x.xx.xx numbering scheme, where the final number is an update number.If you are experiencing what appears to be a problem with an older software version, please upgrade to a current, supported revision and try to duplicate the problem with it. You may download the current revision from the download page and certain older versions from the archive page.
Product Support Policies for old Revisions
- Support for the last release of a previous major revision will generally cease one year after the new major version is released (for example, ICOBOL 4 to ICOBOL 5). This means we will no longer investigate problem reports for the old version.
- Support for 4.89 ceased December 31, 2015, a year after the release of 5.00
- Support for 3.67 ceased December 1, 2009, a year (plus) after the release of 4.00.
- Support for 2.68 ceased September 1, 2001, a year after the release of 3.00.
- Support for the last minor revision of a previous generation of ICOBOL will generally cease six months after the replacement generation becomes available (for example, when 5.2x replaces 5.1x). This generally means that we will ask you to attempt to reproduce the problem on a more recent, supported revision before investigating the problem further.
- Support for previous minor revisions within a generation ceases once the replacement version is available (for example, support for 5.11 ceased when 5.12 replaced 5.11).
- Support for all versions of ICOBOL 4 was discontinued as of December 31, 2015.
The last release of the ICOBOL 4 product is Revision 4.89 (December 18, 2015).
- Support for all versions of ICOBOL 3 was discontinued as of December 1, 2009 and as described under Discontinued Operating System Support
- Support for all versions of ICOBOL 2 was discontinued as of September 1, 2001.
- Support for all versions of VX COBOL was discontinued as of September 1, 2001.
- Support for ICOBOL Revision 2.15 for AOS/VS was discontinued as of January 1, 2001.
- Support for all versions of ICDGTERM was discontinued as of January 1, 2001.
- Support for all versions of ICHOST was discontinued as of March 16, 1997.
Discontinued Operating System Support
- Windows 95
- SunOS/Solaris (Sparc) (last build was 3.52, released August 22, 2005)
- DG/UX (Motorola) (last build was 3.48.05, released March 1, 2005)
- Windows 98 and 98 SE
- Windows ME
- Windows NT 4.0 (Workstation and Server)
- DG/UX Intel
- Linux 2.2 Kernel
- SCO OpenServer
- SCO UnixWare
- Windows 2000 Professional and the various Windows 2000 servers
- Linux 2.4 Kernel
- MAC OS/X Full System and ThinClient
- Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Server 2003 R2