For each numbered revision (x.xx), we release all of the product components with the same revision number. In cases where there is an urgent interim fix, we may update specific components, which will use an x.xx.xx numbering scheme, where the final number is an update number.If you are experiencing what appears to be a problem with an older software version, please upgrade to a current, supported revision and try to duplicate the problem with it. You may download the current revision from the download page and certain older versions from the archive page.
The following support categories are explaind on the Support Polices page.
Active Support Category
The current release of the ICOBOL 5 product is Revision 5.49 (September 9, 2022). It is the only version with active support.
Question-only Support Category
The revisions in this category are ICOBOL 5 revision 5.36 and before.
Unsupported CategoryThis category also includes discontinued products and platforms.
- All versions of ICOBOL 4. Version 4.89 as of December 31, 2020, and versions other than 4.89 as of December 31, 2015,
or earlier as described under Discontinued Operating System Support.
- All versions of ICOBOL 3 as of December 1, 2009, or earlier as described under Discontinued Operating System Support
- All versions of ICOBOL 2 and VX COBOL as of September 1, 2001.
- All versions of ICOBOL for AOS/VS as of January 1, 2001.
- All versions of ICDGTERM as of January 1, 2001.
- All versions of ICHOST as of March 16, 1997.
Discontinued Operating System Support
- Windows 95
- SunOS/Solaris (Sparc) (last build was 3.52, released August 22, 2005)
- DG/UX (Motorola) (last build was 3.48.05, released March 1, 2005)
- Windows 98 and 98 SE
- Windows ME
- Windows NT 4.0 (Workstation and Server)
- DG/UX Intel
- Linux 2.2 Kernel
- SCO OpenServer
- SCO UnixWare
- Windows 2000 Professional and the various Windows 2000 servers
- Linux 2.4 Kernel
- MAC OS/X Full System and ThinClient
- Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Server 2003 R2
- Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 (non R2)
NOTE: Although 5.40 will still install on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, those operating systems are no longer supported by Microsoft and should be upgraded.
RHEL/CentOS 4 and 5.
NOTE: Although 5.40 is still built for RHEL/CentOS 6, that operating system reached end of support in November, 2020 and should be upgraded.